because people speak English
Hello! I'm Tara Benwell, the administrator of MyEC. I love working with English learners and teachers from all over the world. I also love developing materials for learning and teaching English.
The best way to improve your English on MyEC is to get involved! Read and comment on blog posts, photos, videos or forums. Join a group that interests you! Visit the chat room and introduce yourself! When you feel comfortable, start adding your own content (blogs, photos, discussion questions). If you have any questions, let me know! You can also check out our MyEC FAQ.
Each month I post a NEW writing challenge on my MyEC blog (below). Learners (and teachers) can join the challenge by responding on their own blogs. Though a new challenge is added every week, all challenges remain open. You don't need to join anything to contribute. Have fun! Send me a message if you have any questions.
October 2014 Writing Challenge: Advice from...(Click to join!)
Recommended Video for New Members: A 10 Step Guide
Happy Holidays! If you haven't seen me around MyEC for a few days, it's because I've been busy baking, cooking, eating, and celebrating the holidays with my family and friends. One of the best things about holiday time is enjoying delicious food that we only make once a year. This month, let's teach each other how to make a dish, dessert, or snack that we enjoy on special occasions. If enough members join this challenge, I'll make a recipe eBook or slideshow out of our…Continue
Have you heard the NEW EnglishClub Learning Song that Jonathan made for us?
It would be fun to make another version of this song with the help of MyEC members. Do you have any ideas? Here are two ideas.
1. Think of a costume that you might wear for Halloween (or a costume party).
2. Use a few short sentences…Continue
This month we are going to practise giving advice. I want to challenge you to experiment with "personification". This is when you give human qualities or characteristics to something that is not human.
1. Choose a "thing" that you want to pretend to be. You are going to write from the perspective of this thing. It can be a living thing, but not a human.
2. Open a new blog post. Use the title: Writing Challenge: Advice from a/the…Continue
Where were you born? This country is called your native country. It it also your homeland and your birthplace. Is it where you belong? This month, I'd like you to tell us about the land of your birth and your sense of belonging.
1. Watch and listen to "Vseki den" by EnglishClub's musician Jonathan Taylor…
1. Decide who you would invite for dinner. This can be anyone. Your guest can be dead, alive, famous, or even fictional (i.e. a character from a book or…Continue