because people speak English
In my opinion chat is kind of conversation, which we could communicate on that. By convey our feeling, and share our knowledge with others, throw words.
I got pass through this complain from members about,
"How we could improve our English with chatting?"
I agree that you might think this is useless, to type through a fast going sentences, and even try to learn something.
But the thing you must know is; "Chat can't do any miracle."
It just could help you to improve some sections in your English, and that will happen; "if you know how to use the chat."
I hope this blog help you to change your mind, and you could improve your English through chatting.
Here I share some tips with you, to use the chat room in the way that be useful to you.
1- Try to just read, and do not start chatting.
If you have enough time, think you want to read something. Do not enter the chat room. Do not type anything.
Just stay back. Start to read chatters sentences. Focus on sentences which you could read. (No need to read all the conversations.) Try to not let your emotion be involve, or be judgmental for their conversation. Just read their chat.
- That could help you to improve your reading through fast going sentences.
- Help you to be more quick in reading, time after time. (Fast reading practice)
- It helps you improve your vocabulary. By reading their words, as you could.
- Could give you some hint about; what kind of subject you like more to talk about. (You could know that through your concentration in some topics, or their words.)
- At the end, that could give you clear view about chatters conversation, and you will know what they are talking about, before entering the chat. (Help you to manage your sentences, and words which you have willing to use in your chat, when you start typing.)
2- Prepare before entering the chat room.
If you are student, or a teacher, you could prepare some subjects to share with other members, at the time that you enter the chat room. Prepare subjects about, grammar, or playing game, solving puzzles, sharing words, and vocabulary, idioms, and etc...
- This is a good test for you, and every time you could find out about the section which you are weak in that, and in the other hand your abilities in every section of English.
- That could be a big help to learn through fun moment, and it will cheer you up. (To be more interested, and carry on in your learning with better mood)
3- How to improve your writing skill, with chatting?
Prepare your dictionary first. To check the word you do not know the meaning, or get help from there to write correct spelling of the word.
- Start your writing with greetings to chat members, and write your sentence.
- Every time you are writing, try to use new words in your sentence. (That will increase your vocabulary, and will help you to increase your level in English)
- For better writing, it's better to lean on dictionary for using correct words. Because other members in chat are learners too, and they might write incorrect form of words. (Don't copy words from them in your writing.)
- If there be a teacher, you could ask them to correct your grammar, or spelling.
You could read chat rules of MyEC here..
If you use other methods with using chat for improving your English, please share with every one here in your comments.
Add a Comment