because people speak English
Watch this video with subtitles on YouTube.
I recently reviewed my Hopes and Dreams for MyEC in 2011, and am so pleased that most of them came true this year! I see many of you adding your voices, making new and long-lasting friends, sharing links and resources, and respecting copyright rules! It just goes to show that it is important to write down your goals. One area we still need to work on is the Video Gallery. My dream for 2012 is for the MyEC Video Gallery to become a more useful place for English learners and teachers.
Before you upload a video to the MyEC video gallery please review this list:
1) Is the video in English? (If no, please don't upload it to MyEC.)
2) Did I make the video myself, or did it mean something to me? (These are the best ones!)
3) Does the video have subtitles? (Very useful.)
4) Did I provide a discussion question or activity for English learners? (Please write something that will encourage English learners to leave a comment.)
5) Could I turn this video into a challenge for English learners?
6) Am I trying to convert someone to my religion? (Please save these videos for a different community.We respect all religions.)
What tips do you have for improving the MyEC Video gallery? Please leave a comment. Also, please check out this post on Embed Plus and consider using this tool in the new year.
Check out all of the entries from our Learning English Video contest.
Vocabulary question: What am I wearing on my head? What is this called in Canada?
Add a Comment