Please be sure to keep your profile photo current to avoid deletion of your account. Thank you

triskaidekaphobia

fear or a phobia concerning the number 13

Views: 437

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

everything it is just a number

Deep.

Although it is an irrational fear, some hotels I have been to do not have a room number 13 and one I went to in Hong Kong didn't have a 13th floor.

So, this is mainly about hotel's fear of number 13. :D

Thank you for sharing your experience, Mr.Robinoz. Nice to see you again. :)

Hey! Good word!

I usually consider 13 my lucky number when I need one.

Anyway, I consider us humans  very naïve. Do we really think that an abstract concept "created" by us is more dangerous than other abstract concepts such as 12 or 14? I mean, we've achieved so much in technology and science but we still fear a number. Such funny guys.

Thanks Ishtar for participating in the discussion and posting your opinion.
Hello, Mishaikh.
You know it's true that people are afraid of the number 13. A few days ago I noticed that there was no a row with the number 13 in a plane. It looks weird, doesn't it?
Yes Lana it does look wierd. In multi storey buildings' lifts you will find no 13 floor. Instead they jump to 14. I don't understand it is like simply calling 13 as 14, because a 13th floor must be in that building because without that how can there be 14 and othe above floors.

Haha. True, dear Mishaikh. But anyway the number 13 scares people. They prefer not to mention it if it is possible. 

Misha....I have taken this number as 3 + 1=4 ...I am not afraid of it!

@bet

No one should.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Josef Essberger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report Member  |  Terms of Service