Some time ago I saw a Facebook post that said something like that: If you don't use own photo at your profile, don't request me to be your friend... because if you don't like your face, not even me!"

I've been considered that statement a bit rude...but at the same time, quite realistic...and since that day, I started to be curious about the reasons of someone choosing an avatar or any other picture like hers/his profile instead of a real photo.

Why not introduce ourselves to the world exactly the way we are?

The truth is that maybe some people have malicious intentions while build relationships by the internet, perhaps they just don't have a good self-image, or are quite shy... Who knows are they afraid of exposing themselves online and have their personal information or pictures manipulated?

Anyway, I think the fact of choosing how we would like to be known on the internet already gives something to others about who we are, or even who we would like to be. We want to look like nice, or mysterious, adventurous, intelligent, successful, sexy...we want to draw attention, we want people to think specific things about us when we introduce ourselves to them, and we use intentional images to set our goals.

Sure at that point each of us already has our own reasons...But the question that begs to be asked and discussed (and doesn't want to be silent) is the following: Could you share your main reason for choosing your profile photo here in EC?

I'm very, very curious about it; and I’m looking forward to knowing your opinion as soon as possible. See you, friends!!

Nan

Tags: courage, photo, profile, sincerity

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mai gushta mi cara, Nan. It is like real life. Would approve to go incognito? The assumed or false identity is not unique and people will not be sympathetic with you. It is always better to be open and frank with the other people. If you hide something from them, they will do likewise. Thanks, Nan for that blog. 

Thank you very much for your great participation, dear Dara!

Have a nice weekend, you and your family!

Nan

RSS

© 2018   Created by Joe Essberger.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report Member  |  Terms of Service